The Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) has announced that the Contractor Portal will open for its second annual certification cycle on March 31, 2023. Federal Contractors and Subcontractors are required to certify the compliance of their Affirmative Action Programs in the Portal by June 29, 2023.
As a reminder:
- Under Executive Order (EO) 11246, Contractors that meet certain jurisdiction thresholds have an obligation to develop and maintain written affirmative action plans (AAPs). A compliant affirmative action program consists of a written AAP, internal and external communication of the organization’s commitment to equal opportunity and affirmative action, internal monitoring of personnel processes for nondiscrimination, and targeted outreach efforts.
- Contractors who have not yet registered for the Contractor Portal are urged to do so as soon as possible.
- New Contractors have 120 days to develop their AAP(s) and must complete certification within 90 days following the development of their AAP(s).
- Contractors who do not utilize the portal to certify their compliance, or who certify that they have not developed and maintained a compliant AAP, will be more likely to be audited by the OFCCP.
New this year:
- Contractors will be asked to provide the start date of their annual AAP cycle.
HR Works affirmative action clients receive Contractor Portal support included in annual services. Contact your project manager if you need assistance registering, certifying, or have any questions.
Not a current HR Works AAP client, or unsure whether this requirement applies to you? Contact us today to learn how HR Works makes it easy for you to meet affirmative action requirements and ensure ongoing compliance. We offer a full suite of services including AAP development, OFCCP audit support, training, and state/federal filings that conform to your AAP and government regulations.